In Studio at Peace in the forest
Located near downtown Wake Forest, NC, Amy offers massage therapy to those desiring a retreat for their relaxation. Nestled in a cozy room inside Peace in the Forest, you will feel right at home to unwind and escape from the hustle and bustle of life.
$45 for 30 minutes
$60 for 45 minutes
$75 for 60 minutes
Please reference the new Covid-19 guidelines listed at the bottom of this page.
Before or after your massage, feel free to take your time in the shop and browse the beautiful handcrafted, local, women-made products. Everything in Peace in the Forest is built upon sustainability, natural and chemical-free ingredients and materials and are made with love.
You can also experience other healing modalities such as Sound Baths or Reiki with owner, Marnie, who is a certified Energy Medicine Practitioner, Reiki Master, certified Shamanic Practitioner, a Transformational Life Coach, an Ordained Minister, and certified in Meditation and Mindfulness. Or try Reflexology with certified reflexologist, Marlys Jacobs.
Enjoy massage therapy in the comfort of your own home, office or hotel. I bring the relaxation to your doorstep, including the massage table, music, and supplies. I love to serve couples as well, allowing one partner to receive massage first, and then switching. This is a very popular option!
$95 for 60 minutes
$135 for 90 minutes
$175 for 120 minutes
Pricing includes travel and set up for those staying in Raleigh, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas. I am happy to serve those in Cary, New Hill, Morrisville, Durham and Chapel Hill; however, please message me with your specific location to see if you may require a travel fee.
Calm your body and mind with a combination of techniques that suits your personal needs to combat muscle tension. This is typically a full body treatment, undressed to your level of comfort, with professional draping. The use of long strokes, kneading, superficial strokes and addressing specific pain areas are typical in Swedish massage. I combine myofascial release and shiatsu techniques as needed. Light, medium, and deep pressures can be used, based on your specific needs and desires.
Deeper pressure can be used to break up adhesions and reduce acute and chronic pain patterns. During a Deep Tissue session, a blend of myofascial release, stretch therapy, trigger point therapy, sports massage, and pain management therapy will be used based on your individual needs and goals.
Couples and friends can also enjoy back to back sessions. One partner can receive first, followed by the other partner. Couples enjoy this option as they feel they can get alone time, and then enjoy each other's relaxed energy afterwards.
more information & COVID-19
For mobile, in-home sessions:
* Appointments can be booked by emailing Amy. Sessions are available 7 days a week, from 9am-8pm.
* I bring my equipment to you, arriving about 10 minutes before the time you have set to start. Please have space for a massage table and an environment that would allow for your optimum relaxation and wellness.
* You will fill out your initial client health intake and agreement form while I set up your table. Once complete, I will step out of the room to allow you to undress to your level of comfort, and re-enter once you are situated under your draping. Areas not being massaged will be draped. No private parts will be exposed. At this point, your massage session time will begin. I do not want to take away your actual massage time with prep work.
* Professionalism is expected from both myself and the client. No sexual or inappropriate behavior or action is permitted.
* Once the massage time is complete, I will leave you to dress yourself and will re-enter once you are dressed. We will spend up to 10 minutes for me to clean up and give you time to ask any questions you may have. It is important to drink plenty of water post-massage.
* For your optimum health, I enjoy using Sacred Earth Organic Massage Gel. This lovely gel is nut oil free, fragrance free, paraben free, gluten free. It's ingredients: organic sunflower and safflower oil, organic coconut oil, organic shea butter, organic olive oil and bees wax, non-GMO vitamin E.
* As a complimentary option for you, I am happy to use my Lavender oil-infused massage gel for encouraging even deeper relaxation. I also can use oil or cream of your choice, like coconut oil for example, if you experience sensitivity to particular products.
* For your enjoyment and relaxation, I will bring my ipod and mini speakers to play relaxing music. Let me know if you have a special request for a certain type of music. Preferably, I will have easy access to an outlet, but the speakers may also run on batteries if not.
* Typically, payment occurs at the end of your session by use of Venmo, cash or check.
* For appointments that take place at certain downtown Raleigh hotels, where paid parking is the only option, the client will be charged the parking fees.
* You will receive an appointment reminder text 24 hours before your appointment time. Please give at least 24 hours notice if you must cancel your appointment. I understand emergencies happen, but let's please respect each other's time.
In Studio at Peace in the Forest
* There is a restroom and sink at Peace in the Forest for your convenience.
Here are some ways we have ramped up our efforts to provide client and employee safety, and
what to expect at Peace in the Forest or In-home sessions:
• Both myself and the client will wear masks during treatments as an enhanced safety measure.
• Client is to arrive wearing a face mask, or may use a disposable face mask provided by us.
• Client will sanitize hands upon entering the building with sanitizer provided, and will have their temperature taken with a contactless thermometer.
• If possible, please shower and use the restroom before arriving to Peace in the Forest for your appointment.
• Client will fill out their Covid-19 consent form, if they have not already before their appointment, as well as new client intake form if applicable.
• No cash payment transactions onsite. All payments will be collected via credit, debit or gift cards.
To keep our clients and staff safe, we will ask all clients to:
• Refrain from visiting the office if you or a household member have a fever, COVID-19 symptoms or a communicable illness. If you have a fever or ANY symptoms of being ill, you will be asked to reschedule.
• Refrain from visiting the office if you are under an isolation or quarantine order/directive.
Please understand that these guidelines are required and any refusal will result in your service being refused.